Monday, November 25, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

Our friends, Megan and Blake Michelson, hosted a Friends-giving dinner last night.  It was really fun to share dinner with friends and pause for a quick moment to remember how thankful we are for friendships.  And dinner was delicious.  I made these pumpkin cupcakes which were pretty tasty!



For the cake, I followed Sally's Baking Addiction pumpkin cupcake recipe.  I added 1/4 teaspoon all spice and an extra 1/4 cup pumpkin puree to her recipe.  Next time I make pumpkin cupcakes though, I will alter the recipe a little more.  The cake was not as sweet or as moist as I usually like it!  I topped the cupcakes with a cinnamon cream cheese icing.  Ridiculously good.  I got the idea from my sister, Lauren, who made a delicious pumpkin cake and used cream cheese icing with cinnamon in it.  It was such a great cake that I wanted to replicate it into bite size goodness.





Below is my cinnamon cream cheese icing recipe.  Cream cheese icing is my all-time favorite.  Add the warm flavor of cinnamon to it, and it's just the icing on the cake..... Bad pun?  Sorry, it was too easy.  Enjoy your sweet treat!

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

You will need:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3  - 3.5 cups powdered sugar
3 - 4 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

How to make it:
Cream the butter, cream cheese and 1 tablespoon heavy cream together until fluffy, approximately 2 minutes.  Slowly add the powdered sugar and remaining heavy cream.  Beat on high for another 2 - 3 minutes until the icing reaches your desired consistency.  You can add more powdered sugar to thicken the icing if necessary.  Add the vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mix to combine.

1 comment: